utah trip continued

a few more pictures...
 bath time, all the time.
 there is no filter on this pic. she is one naturally tan girl. lucky!
 nate and i thought we should take advantage of babysitters while we were home.  we left her overnight while we went to the johnson mill in midway.  i was worried about her constantly and had my mom send updates. we still had a lot of fun and loved staying there. if you need a quick getaway, this is the place! fresh cookies upon arrival, amazing rooms(we would know we've stayed in 3 different ones), movies and popcorn, amazing views(above was the view from our room), and a delicious breakfast.
 the back side of timp is my favorite.
 finally got to meet my cousins adorable babe! so much fun and wished we could have spent more time together.
 granny and e, just waving, like usual.
 two adorable baby girls.
 watching my grandma with e just about melted my heart. love these two so much.
 i couldn't get over the sunsets and took a ton of pictures.  watching the sun set is one of the things i miss the most about living in virginia.  there are too many trees and hills in the way(which ironically makes it beautiful too).
 we picked one of the coldest, windiest days to shop at traverse mountain.  brrr
 elin couldn't get enough of the dog.  she was still a little unsure of her though if she got too close to her. it was pretty cute to watch.
 she would watch her like a hawk.
 these three :)
i have to document our trip home so that hopefully i won't make the same mistakes in the future.  first of all our first flight was at 5:45 am. that meant we were up at 3 am getting ready. we then flew to denver and boarded pretty soon for the next flight to chicago.  well they were slow getting us loaded and then they had to de-ice the plane.  we ended up being 45 minutes late to chicago.  unfortunately, our layover in chicago was only 50 minutes.  we decided to run to our gate which was of course on the other side of the chicago airport, and we still missed our connection.  they then told us the only way to get home would be to fly to la guardia, ny and then catch a flight from there. by the way, i will never fly american airlines again.  i was not impressed with how they handled the situation and treated us at all.  we were definitely ready to get home so we had to catch an extra flight.  4 airplanes, got home at 9:30 pm. and we were so exhausted. poor e cried the whole last flight which was thankfully only 50 minutes.  prior to that she was perfect.  i told nate no matter what it costs i am not having multiple layovers again.  i don't ever want to have more than one.  anyways that was our fun random story.

we are happy to be home and back to normal life!

No comments: