9.08.2011

my classroom

here are the overdue pics of my classroom. it is a "city" theme.

this is the door in the hallway. everyone picked out their house that they wanted in our city. if you look closely there are castles, igloos, tents, skyscrapers, log cabins, mushroom houses, and traditional looking homes. the kids loved this. this is the back wall in the classroom. the skyline took a lot of time but i think it turned out pretty cool. road signs on the wall. my desk area. oh how i wish it still looked like this. haha this isn't very good lighting, but i needed something for my windows and i didn't want curtains. my mom and i saw this idea in a boutique in the riverbottoms. you cut strips of paper and then sew them together. this is me on my first day of school, so exhausted. i go home most days exhausted. so far teaching has been exhausting(of course), exciting, challenging, fulfilling, frustrating, fun, etc., etc. I could go on and on. ha I have some awesome kids and am so grateful for my job.

5 comments:

Daniel and Savannah Jensen said...

How exciting! Where are you teaching, and what grade? You look gorgeous!

jeff & mal said...

So fun Jan! and great outfit! I'm sure you do a fabulous job...I would want you as my teacher!

Erin + Geoff said...

i absolutely love your classroom! great idea with the city theme.. i'd love to be a fly on the wall to see you in action as a teacher! i'm sure you are doing so great and the kids love you. i can't believe we haven't seen you since being back in utah for over a month now.. it is time.

Jaime Williams said...

You're the cutest teacher ever...

Shea said...

Hi Jan! I found your blog. The room looks great. We have the same room layout/cupboards. Our schools must have been built at the same time. Trippy.